Mixed day

 Got 6 Shockley and 3 Spice of North Georgia grafted. You can get a ton of grafts done on Spice of North Georgia. So many tiny buds. 

Had a batch that had been water parked a day longer then I liked. Got those 9 broken in 2 pots with soil for now. 

Completely off the G.214 rootstock now. Saving the last 7 to stool. Realized I've used a ton of P.2 as well. Not sure how many of those cuttings will root on either type. But will likely do a lot more interstems. And grudgingly do some straight M111 grafts too.

Pretty confident on the interstems. I'm using Dermarite under black tape for vice like unions. And have figured out I can roll the Derma-rite back and separate it from itself. So no girdling should occur.

Looking at Poly grow bags in a 2 gallon size. Helps you can also write on them. They are very cheap too.

Lastly have to amend that soil. Seems dry and chalk like. The bio-char I guess? I like the chippiness of my weather mulch. And will add weathered manure too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First outing with inexpensive foreign grafting tool with omega head

So soil is here