Hot and sunny. But work must go on,

 

Fixed the one scion I planted upside down. And found enough nubs to make 3 other grafts while I was at it. Looks like I will have plenty of Shockley. Other notes butterflies, bees and hornets had been mobbing a Parks Pippin and Hoover in a race to flower. Had my money on Hoover. But Parks Pippin burst 2 white fragrant flowers today. First flowers since Pink Lady/Cripps Pink bloomed.


Lastly I hauled all the single potted grafts over to the concrete pad with a wagon. Put some in the hothouse to see how that effects budding out. Re-arranged the plants out there by rootstock. Then filled in the lines with M111 grafts.

Still have another 50-60 to single pot.

Speaking to our namesake Blairmont; it seems to be in the late bloomer camp as far as budding. 

Other notable laggards? Piervomaiskoie, Norfolk Beefing, Hudson Golden Gem, Husk Sweet and Tarbutton.  All from that " I will twist and contort for awhile team."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First outing with inexpensive foreign grafting tool with omega head

So soil is here