The last Blairmont graft dies out.

 Really perturbed with fireblight this year. I am down to 42 live grafts on the grow pad. Hope those grafts yet to bud take soon. Probably another 35 are there. I have some surviving scions I pulled of root stocks. I will attempt to chip bud as many as possibly on saved root stock from dead grafts. The G.214 line is the sorriest of the line up. With a Mother Plant and 4 surviving grafts. I'm really disappointed in Geneva root stock.


P.2 was doing far better. But the last really hit P.2 hard. Lost 6 beautiful Shockley grafts. All told 18 P.2 grafts survive. Plus the mother. And my ironic favorite; P.1 on P.2! As soon as it gets more height it is going deep planted as a nurse root so I get a true P.1 tree{much like M.7Elma}

The rest of course are good ole M111. 20 of them. Will definitely have to re-order some scions. Terry Winter, Tarbutton, Hoover, Mrs.Bryan after such a great start. Cauley. Norfolk Beefing, Hudson Golden Gem. Devine, St.Clair. 

So far a few seem pretty robust and care free. Disharoon, Parks Pippin and Wallace Howard come to mind. I thought Golden Harvey was a goner; but it is back. Wickson is doing well. Lawd Piervomaiskoi. I have plenty of them...lol...The big ole Purple meanie from the Soviet Union grows like a Belarus Tractor runs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First outing with inexpensive foreign grafting tool with omega head

So soil is here